Captions is a premium feature available only in the Pro plan. If you are on a free or solo plan, you will still be able to try out the Captions feature to see how it works. However, you will need to upgrade to a Pro Plan to export and download your videos.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Choosing Captions Style
Find different styles of animated text templates for every occasion. Choose the style that best compliments your video. With these caption themes, you can now design captivating videos with captions.
Once you have chosen the caption mode & language of your captions, you can choose
from the 5 captions themes that Typito offers.
1) Good Ol’ Block Style - This theme is a simple caption theme with no highlight or background, or preset animation. For this theme, you can choose from a range of in/out animations that help you create a unique style for your captions.
2) Caption with a background Style - This theme draws your attention toward highlighted words. It has two colors and white background. You can freely change the color of the text or the highlight.
3) CNN News Style - It's a CNN-inspired theme for you to create compelling news videos. It has its own style of animation and is often used when certain facts or headlines are to be shown.
4) Ardent Highlight Caption - As the title suggests, it highlights the captions on a video and is the most common style that is in use nowadays. This theme can be used to associate your brand color with the captions used. The caption animates in from the bottom and animates out towards the top.
How to customize fonts and style of your captions
You would want to keep your brand in mind when designing the captions for your video. Typito offers ways to customize the font styling, size, coloring, and highlighting to help you be brand compliant. Let's find out on how:
Step 1: Click on 'Captions' and choose a subtitle theme - Choose a theme that fits your use case. We love the one with the highlight.
Step 2: Customize fonts & more
Color - You can change the font and even the background/highlight color of the caption. To set a color choice, you can use the hex code or choose a color from the color wheel.
Font - Typito offers you a collection of 35+ beautiful fonts to pick from. You can upload your own font as well. Learn more about it here (link to custom fonts).
You will get the other options to style your captions by clicking the three dots.
1. Font Size - You can choose a size in the range of 6 to 80 that fits right into your video. You can scroll through the range as shown below
2. Line Spacing - Increase or decrease the line spacing of your text with the slider's help.
3. Letter Spacing - You can also increase or decrease the space between characters in a text with the slider.
4. Opacity - You can decrease the opacity of any caption. To do that, move the opacity slider to achieve the desired effect. Opacity can range anywhere from 0 - 100.
5. Alignment and shadow - To align your caption, it is important that it fits well in the video and doesn't look misplaced. You can align the captions to the screen's left, center, or right. You can choose to have a Shadow if you want to add a slightly bolder look or add some weight to your caption.
6. Caption Positioning - Typito offers 3 different ways of positioning your caption on a video
1) Bottom positioning - This places the captions at the bottom of the video frame. You must have noticed how most social media videos have captions near the bottom of the screen
2) Top positioning - If you have color padding on the top of the video, you can use that space to show your captions while the rest of the screen can be used by the video
3) Middle positioning - Captions in the middle would draw the most attention. If you have a big bold statement to make, or if there is no subject on the frame this placement might be something to go for.
We hope you have fun captioning with Typito.