You would want to keep your brand in mind when designing the captions for your video. Typito offers ways to customize the font styling, size, coloring and highlighting to help you be brand compliant.
Let's find out on how -
Step 1: Click on 'Captions' tab and choose a subtitle theme - Choose a theme that fits your use case. We love the one with the highlight.
Step 2: Click on 'Customize fonts & more' -
You will get the following options to style your captions:-
1) Choosing the Font - Typito offers you a collection of 35+ beautiful fonts to pick from. You can upload your own font as well. Learn more about it here (link to custom fonts).
2) Font Size - You can choose a size in the range from 6 to 80 that fits right into your video. You can scroll through the range like shown below.
3) Font Color - You can change the color of the font by clicking on the squared colored button. To change the background/highlight color of the caption you need to click on the circular button. To set a color choice, you can use the hex code or choose a color from the color wheel.
4) Alignment and shadow - In order to align your caption it is important that it fits well in the video and doesn't look misplaced. You can choose to align the captions to the left, center or right of the screen.
You can choose to have a Shadow if you want to add a slightly bolder look or add some weight to your caption. Both these options sit adjacent to the font size option.
5) Animation - Typito lets you configure the way the caption enters and exits the screen. It is laid out in the form of “In” and “Out” buttons. You get a range of animations to choose from. From Pop in/out to Swivel In/Out. You can also configure the speed of the animation.
*Note - Animation feature is available with the first 2 themes “Good ol’ Block Style” and “Caption with a background Style”.
*Note - The settings mentioned here are at a project level. You can edit individual captions on the screen by locating on the timeline and clicking/editing. Captions boxes are also lined up on the left side bar in the captions tab.